Excellerations Building Brilliance Magnetic Shapes Multipack 48 Pieces Rainbow Colors, Preschool
IRRESISTIBLE MAGNETIC SHAPES: Ideal for exploring spatial relations, color and shape recognition and STEM concepts. The vibrantly-colored magnetic shapes promote critical thinking, math reasoning, and classifying and sorting by attributes
*SUPPORT EARLY STEM: Children can practice a multiple STEM objectives such as investigating the effects of strength or direction of push and pull on the motion of an object with a magnet
*PERFECT FOR LIGHT TABLES: Perfect for light exploration on light tables and LED panels, encouraging imaginative, creative play. Children can conduct investigations of the effects of placing objects of varied materials in light beam paths. *3-D MAGNETIC TILES: Tiles attract on all sides, allowing for endless creative, free-form 3-D configurations in addition to cubes, pyramids and more, helping kids further develop fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination
*SHAPES INCLUDE: 18 small squares, 8 small right triangles, 8 isosceles triangles, 8 equilateral triangles, and 6 trapezoids
K-3 Core Standards
- K-PS2-1. Plan and conduct an investigation to compare the effects of different strengths or different directions of pushes and pulls on the motion of an object.
- 1-PS4-3. Plan and conduct an investigation to determine the effect of placing objects made with different materials in the path of a beam of light.
- 3-PS2-3. Ask questions to determine cause and effect relationships of electric or magnetic interactions between two objects not in contact with each other.
- 3-PS2-2. Make observations and/or measurements of an object's motion to provide evidence that a pattern can be used to predict future motion.
- 3-PS2-4. Define a simple design problem that can be solved by applying scientific ideas about magnets.
- 3-PS2-1. Plan and conduct an investigation to provide evidence of the effects of balanced and unbalanced forces on the motion of an object.