Magnet manipulation at its finest!
- Lightweight iron filings are safety sealed inside sturdy plastic cases
- Use magnets to easily move and manipulate the filings
- Great for teaching magnetic poles or general experimentation
- Magnet wand not included
- Cases are 3-3/4"L x 2-1/2"W
PreK-K Core Standards
- SCI (P) Understand basic functions of magnets.
- K-PS2-1. Plan and conduct an investigation to compare the effects of different strengths or different directions of pushes and pulls on the motion of an object.
K-3 Core Standards
- 2-PS1-3. Make observations to construct an evidence-based account of how an object made of a small set of pieces can be disassembled and made into a new object.
- 3-PS2-4. Define a simple design problem that can be solved by applying scientific ideas about magnets.
- 3-PS2-3. Ask questions to determine cause and effect relationships of electric or magnetic interactions between two objects not in contact with each other.