Guess which objects are magnetic? That's the fun (and the learning!) behind our Magnetic Discovery Board. Objects are randomly arranged in the 16 wells of this all-wood board, and children can predict, observe and record their findings.
- Tough acrylic cover can be removed by adults to switch objects out and screwed back in place to lock them in
- Use with our Mag-Wands (#MAG, sold separately)
- Room for more than one child can use the board at once
- Board measures 9" x 12" x 3/4"H
PreK-K Core Standards
- K-2-ETS1-3. Analyze data from tests of two objects designed to solve the same problem to compare the strengths and weaknesses of how each performs.
- K-PS2-1. Plan and conduct an investigation to compare the effects of different strengths or different directions of pushes and pulls on the motion of an object.
K-3 Core Standards
- 2-PS1-3. Make observations to construct an evidence-based account of how an object made of a small set of pieces can be disassembled and made into a new object.
- 3-PS2-4. Define a simple design problem that can be solved by applying scientific ideas about magnets.
- 3-PS2-3. Ask questions to determine cause and effect relationships of electric or magnetic interactions between two objects not in contact with each other.