Engage early readers with this set of 6 teachers' favorite stories. Each book includes a read-along CD that will help children connect spoken words to written words. Paperback books with CD.
*"The Caboose Who Got Loose" - Written and illustrated by Bill Peet. 48 pages.
*"Mary Wore Her Red Dress" - Adapted and illustrated by Merle Peek. 32 pages.
*"The Giant Jam Sandwich" - Written and illustrated by John Vernon Lord, with verses by Janet Burroway. 32 pages.
*"Feast for 10" - Written and illustrated by Cathryn Falwell. 32 pages.
*"Tacky the Penguin" - Written by Helen Lester and illustrated by Lynn Munsinger. 32 pages.
*"Miss Nelson is Missing" - Written by Harry G. Allard, Jr. and illustrated by James Marshall. 32 pages.
PreK-K Core Standards
- RF.K.1b. Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters.
- RF.K.1a. Follow words from left to right, top to bottom, and page by page.
K-3 Core Standards
- SL.K.2. Confirm understanding of a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media by asking and answering questions about key details and requesting clarification if something is not understood.
- SL.K.4. Describe familiar people, places, things, and events and, with prompting and support, provide additional detail.
- SL.1.2. Ask and answer questions about key details in a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media.
- SL.K.1a. Follow agreed-upon rules for discussions (e.g., listening to others and taking turns speaking about the topics and texts under discussion).
- SL.K.6. Speak audibly and express thoughts, feelings, and ideas clearly.
- SL.1.4 Describe people, places, things, and events with relevant details, expressing ideas and feelings clearly.