Help raise awareness of differing abilities with the problem solving of puzzles! Images capture real school settings and promote social-emotional development. 11-3/4 inches x 8-1/2 inches, 12 pieces each.
*HELPS DEVELOP MULTIPLE SKILLS: Helps children develop strong hand-eye coordination, cognitive and visual feel, fine motor skills, and problem-solving abilities. Develops pincer grasp, the same muscle group used for writing
*RECOGNIZE EMOTION: Effective and useful in processing emotional and verbal and non-verbal communication. Helps young kids learn about accepting and including their friends and classmates with disabilities and autism
*GROUP LEARNING: Can be worked on independently or with a group. Targets NAEYC Areas of Development: Social-Emotional Development
*EASY JIGSAW PUZZLES: Great use for problem solving. Can be used for elderly people with dementia, helping to strengthen their dexterity and mental capabilities. Children with disabilities can use these puzzles to develop their dexterity and mental skills
PreK-K Core Standards
- SOC (K) Understands individual development and identity helps us know who we are and how we change.
- SOC (P) Begin to understand personal development and the characteristics we share with others
K-3 Core Standards
- SOC (K) Understands that people belong to groups and institutions that influence them.
- SOC (2) Understands that individuals, groups, and institutions share common elements and also have unique characteristics.
- SOC (3) Understands individual choices are influenced by personal and social factors.
- SOC (1) Understands concepts such as: community, culture, role, competition, cooperation, rules, and norms.
- SOC (2) Understands physical, intellectual, and emotional growth affect individual identity, growth, and interactions with others.
- SOC (3) Understands the impact of families, schools, religious institutions, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic groups on their lives.