Early literacy skills are served!
- 26 letter-labeled soup cans
- Each can holds corresponding upper- and lowercase letters, plus 5 photo cards showing an object with the same beginning letter on one side and a word label on the other
- Cans measure 3"Dia. x 4-1/4"H
PreK-K Core Standards
- LAN (P) Recognize and name many uppercase and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
- L.K.5a. Sort common objects into categories (e.g., shapes, foods) to gain a sense of the concepts the categories represent.
K-3 Core Standards
- RF.K.1d Recognize and name all upper- and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
- RF.K.2d Isolate and pronounce the initial, medial vowel, and final sounds (phonemes) in three-phoneme (consonant-vowel-consonant, or CVC) words. (This does not include CVCs ending with /l/, /r/, or /x/.)
- RF.1.3b Decode regularly spelled one-syllable words.
- RF.K.3a Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary sound or many of the most frequent sounds for each consonant.
- RF.K.2e Add or substitute individual sounds (phonemes) in simple, one-syllable words to make new words.
- RF.1.3e Decode two-syllable words following basic patterns by breaking the words into syllables.