It's rhyme time! Introduce 20 different rhyming sounds with these colorful, double-sided photo cards. Learning rhyming words helps promote phonetic awareness of letter sounds and prepares children for reading.
- Fun way to encourage oral language development
- Increases vocabulary through repeated use
- Children learn to recognize words that can be different but sound similar
- Promotes communication skills
- Includes activity guide
- Cards measure 6"L x 5-1/2"W
PreK-K Core Standards
- RF.K.2a. Recognize and produce rhyming words.
K-3 Core Standards
- RF.K.2c Blend and segment onsets and rimes of single-syllable spoken words.
- RF.K.2e Add or substitute individual sounds (phonemes) in simple, one-syllable words to make new words.
- RF.1.2d Segment spoken single-syllable words into their complete sequence of individual sounds (phonemes).
- RF.K.3a Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary sound or many of the most frequent sounds for each consonant.
- RF.K.2b Count, pronounce, blend, and segment syllables in spoken words.
- RF.K.3b Associate the long and short sounds with the common spellings (graphemes) for the five major vowels.