Keeping a journal promotes writing skills while students record their activities, feelings and more. Each page has 3 lines for writing and a space for drawing. Lines (3/4"H) have a red baseline, a dotted midline and a solid blue cap height. Spiral bound, 60 pages each. 8-1/2"W x 11"H.
PreK-K Core Standards
- SL.K.5. Add drawings or other visual displays to descriptions as desired to provide additional detail.
- L.K.1b. Use frequently occurring nouns and verbs.
- L.K.2a. Capitalize the first word in a sentence and the pronoun I.
K-3 Core Standards
- W.K.3 Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to narrate a single event or several loosely linked events, tell about the events in the order in which they occurred, and provide a reaction to what happened.
- W.1.2 Write informative/explanatory texts in which they name a topic, supply some facts about the topic, and provide some sense of closure.
- W.2.3 Write narratives in which they recount a well-elaborated event or short sequence of events, include details to describe actions, thoughts, and feelings, use temporal words to signal event order, and provide a sense of closure.
- W.K.2 Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to compose informative/explanatory texts in which they name what they are writing about and supply some information about the topic.
- W.1.1 Write opinion pieces in which they introduce the topic or name the book they are writing about, state an opinion, supply a reason for the opinion, and provide some sense of closure.