Children can develop listening skills while learning to identify feelings and facial expressions. To play the game, children listen to the sounds on the CD and match their tokens to images on the game boards with what they hear.
- Encourages exploration of the look and tone of emotions with how they relate to different narrative statements.
- Each game set includes 12 game cards (5-1/2" x 8-1/2" each) with 8 photos per card, 120 game tokens, an audio CD
- Faces and feelings include: happy, angry, tired, disgusted, thinking, worried, bored, sad/hurt, pouting, scared, excited, in trouble, shocked and silly
- No reading required
- SEL: Supports social emotional development and social emotional learning.
- CALM-DOWN TOOLS: Use this in conjunction with other calm-down tools to create a place of peace in your classroom.
PreK-K Core Standards
- LAN (P) Understand more complex vocabulary and display listening comprehension.
K-3 Core Standards
- SL.K.4. Describe familiar people, places, things, and events and, with prompting and support, provide additional detail.
- RF.K.2e Add or substitute individual sounds (phonemes) in simple, one-syllable words to make new words.
- SL.1.4 Describe people, places, things, and events with relevant details, expressing ideas and feelings clearly.
- SL.K.1b. Continue a conversation through multiple exchanges.
- SL.K.6. Speak audibly and express thoughts, feelings, and ideas clearly.
- SL.1.2. Ask and answer questions about key details in a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media.