What reflection! These top quality acrylic mirrors are perfect to use in reflection and light experimentation.
- Wonderful for use with our Optical Prism Set (#OPTICAL) and our Light Exploration Set (#EXPLORE)
- Encourages exploration of reflection, perception and appearance
- Provides visual feedback for experiments
- Great for studying light patterns and color
- 6 mirrors. Each measures 9"L x 12"W and is 2mm thick
- ASTM tested
PreK-K Core Standards
- SCI (P) Collect, describe and record information using a variety of tools.
K-3 Core Standards
- K-PS3-1. Make observations to determine the effect of sunlight on Earth's surface.
- 1-PS4-2. Make observations to construct an evidence-based account that objects can be seen only when illuminated.
- 1-PS4-3. Plan and conduct an investigation to determine the effect of placing objects made with different materials in the path of a beam of light.
- K-2-ETS1-1. Ask questions, make observations, and gather information about a situation people want to change to define a simple problem that can be solved through the development of a new or improved object or tool.
- K-2-ETS1-2. Develop a simple sketch, drawing, or physical model to illustrate how the shape of an object helps it function as needed to solve a given problem.
- K-2-ETS1-3. Analyze data from tests of two objects designed to solve the same problem to compare the strengths and weaknesses of how each performs.