An awesome Science-At-Home activity where you’ll have fun exploring some of the scientific properties of air and water as you create a tornado in a bottle. An exciting experiment featuring a close-up look at a tornado vortex.
How Does It Work?
The vortex in this experiment is created when gravity pulls a liquid through an opening to form a rotating tornado. But this one is just a “model in a bottle.”
- Get hands-on with science at home
- Create and observe your very own vortex
- Learn about kinetic and potential energy
- A fun science activity to stay engaged with learning at home
- 2 – 1 Litter plastic bottles
- 1 Tornado tube
- 1 – 12 pack colored fizzers