Really Good Stuff® Read, Build, And Write Sight Word Activity Center
Item # 167135
Really Good Stuff®
The Read, Build, and Write Sight-Word Center is a multisensory activity where students use the 100 laminated, two-sided Sight-Word Cards to view sight words with or without letter-shape boxes. A student then uses a Work Board (4 included) to place the Sight-Word Card and read the word, build the word using Foam Letters (121 included), write the words with a dry erase marker, and then flip over the Work Board to write the words in a sentence. This 4-strategy approach will have your students fluently reading and writing important high-frequency words in no time! The sturdy Compartmental Storage Box provides easy organization and storage for the Sight-Word Cards and Work Boards and makes Foam-Letter management a snap!
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: This interactive Sight-Word Center includes 121 Foam Lowercase Letters (blue consonants and red vowels); 100 two-sided Sight-Word Cards (5"" by 3""); 4 two-sided write-on wipe-off chipboard Work Boards (18"" by 5""); a Compartmental Storage Box with stickers for labeling letter slots; and a Really Good Instructional Guide with instructions for use, suggestions for differentiation, and reproducible progress monitoring sheets.
- ENCOURAGE STRUGGLING STUDENTS: As extra support for struggling students, the Foam Letters fit exactly over the letters on the cards providing opportunities for print awareness strategies.
- STUDENTS INTERACT WITH SIGHT WORDS IN MULTIPLE WAYS: This activity not only helps students automatically read these key Sight-Word Cards but also invites them to use the Work Boards to build the words with Foam Letters, write them on the dry erase surface, and then flip the board over to use the word in a sentence.
- CAREFULLY COMPILED SIGHT WORD LIST: Students will practice high-frequency words from a list assembled by ELA experts. The high-frequency Word Cards are color-coded by difficulty level so you can easily differentiate skills practice for your students.
- NEW AND IMPROVED: We've taken this popular sight-word activity and made it even better. The Work Boards are thicker for added durability and provide a nice long space for students to write a sentence using the sight word.
Really Good Stuff®