Do ducks live in a desert or a pond? Do hyenas swim in the ocean? Our exclusive magnet set teaches children the environments for 48 beautifully illustrated animals; Identify and sort 8 native species per biome board: ocean, grassland, pond, rainforest, polar and desert; Thick colorful foam magnet animals sort onto 6 sturdy 12" x 9" laminated habitat boards.
- LEARN ABOUT ANIMALS: These interactive magnet boards will help young ones make observations about plants and animals, and compare the diversity of life in different habitats
- LEARN ABOUT HABITATS: Young learners will love to learn where their favorite animals live through a variety of different habitat boards
- IMPROVE SORTING SKILLS: Students will identify and sort 8 native species per biome board, which include ocean, grassland, pond, rainforest, polar, and desert biomes
- GREAT ADDITION TO ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES CURRICULUM: Students will love to play with these magnetic puzzle boards to learn about animals and their environments.
- SET INCLUDES: 6 sturdy, laminated magnetic boards measuring 12 inches x 9 inches with 48 thick, colorful magnetic animals to sort
PreK-K Core Standards
- SCI (P) Begin to understand the needs of different plants and animals.
- SCI (P) Begin to understand what living things need to survive (e.g., food, water, light).
K-3 Core Standards
- 2-LS4-1. Make observations of plants and animals to compare the diversity of life in different habitats
- K-ESS3-1. Use a model to represent the relationship between the needs of different plants or animals (including humans) and the places they live.
- 3-LS3-2. Use evidence to support the explanation that traits can be influenced by the environment.
- 3-LS4-3. Construct an argument with evidence that in a particular habitat some organisms can survive well, some survive less well, and some cannot survive at all.