Content-area readers feature high-interest nonfiction text and engaging graphics.
At the Kindergarten level, simple sentences describe the accompanying pictures. Topics are kept basic for easy comprehension. Ideal for teacher-led reading in the classroom.
- Books cover topics in science, technology, engineering and mathematics
- Addresses multiple STEM objectives, including comparing numbers, classifying and sorting, condensation, evaporation, muscles, planets, the Sun and the senses
- Ideal motivational reading that demonstrates to students how real world problems are created and solved
- Each book contains a sidebar, full color graphics, photographs and a glossary/index
- Ideal for reading fluency, vocabulary acquisition and independent or group book studies
- Use for whole group discussions or independent student study
- Set of 10 paperback books
- 7"W x 9"H
- 24-32 pages each
*At the Pond
*In the Garden
PreK-K Core Standards
- K-ESS2-2. Construct an argument supported by evidence for how plants and animals (including humans) can change the environment to meet their needs.
- RI.K.2. With prompting and support, identify the main topic and retell key details of a text.