Kids will develop key science process skills as they predict, observe, hypothesize, and draw conclusions as they investigate how different surfaces affect motion. Two ramps, two cars, and six textured inserts let kids design their own experiments, then apply their knowledge to the world around them. All components store neatly inside the ramps. Recommended for ages 3+.
- EARLY STEM AND SCIENCE INQUIRY: Would you rather ride a bike on a smooth sidewalk or a grassy lawn? Is it easier to slide on a tiled or carpeted floor? Two ramps, two cars, and six textured inserts let kids investigate how different surfaces affect motion.
- SCIENCE PROCESS SKILLS: Kids can predict, observe, form hypotheses, draw conclusions, and apply knowledge to real world situations. How does a car move on an icy road?
- BUMPS, DIPS, RIDGES: Textured inserts resemble actual surfaces. There's an insert with potholes, bumpy boulders, and rough ridges. And there's a smooth slick surface, a soft squishy surface, and a grassy surface. Each textured surface will affect the motion of the included cars differently.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: The sturdy 16 inches x 4-3/4 inches ramps are crafted from plywood with interior reinforcements for years of experimenting. Axles go through the wooden car bodies, so the wheels won't fall off.
- UNIQUE STORAGE COMPARTMENT: All six inserts and both cars fit neatly under the ramps (three inserts in each ramp). And each ramp has a specially designed handhold that makes it easy to carry!