Children will connect spoken words with written words as they follow along with this traditional story with a twist.
Dingo Dog and the Billabong Storm
- Includes 4 copies of the same title, a read-along CD and a hanging storage bag
written by Andrew Fusek Peters, illustrated by Anna Wadham
Traditional Australian story about animals of the Bush who are fed up with Dingo Dog's bullying ways, so they come up with an idea to teach him a lesson.
PreK-K Core Standards
- RL.K.10. Actively engage in group reading activities with purpose and understanding.
- RF.K.1a. Follow words from left to right, top to bottom, and page by page.
- RF.K.1. Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print.
K-3 Core Standards
- SL.K.2. Confirm understanding of a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media by asking and answering questions about key details and requesting clarification if something is not understood.
- SL.K.4. Describe familiar people, places, things, and events and, with prompting and support, provide additional detail.
- SL.1.2. Ask and answer questions about key details in a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media.
- SL.K.1a. Follow agreed-upon rules for discussions (e.g., listening to others and taking turns speaking about the topics and texts under discussion).
- SL.K.6. Speak audibly and express thoughts, feelings, and ideas clearly.
- SL.1.4 Describe people, places, things, and events with relevant details, expressing ideas and feelings clearly.