Children will connect spoken words with written words as they follow along with this traditional story with a twist.
Monkey's Clever Tale
- Includes 4 copies of the same title, a read-along CD and a hanging storage bag
written by Andrew Fusek Peters, illustrated by Amanda Montgomery-Higham
Traditional African-Caribbean story about a monkey who hatches a plot to trick a crocodile in to helping her cross a river.
PreK-K Core Standards
- RL.K.10. Actively engage in group reading activities with purpose and understanding.
- RF.K.1a. Follow words from left to right, top to bottom, and page by page.
- RF.K.1. Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print.
K-3 Core Standards
- SL.K.2. Confirm understanding of a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media by asking and answering questions about key details and requesting clarification if something is not understood.
- RF.K.4 Read emergent-reader texts with purpose and understanding.
- SL.1.2. Ask and answer questions about key details in a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media.
- SL.K.1a. Follow agreed-upon rules for discussions (e.g., listening to others and taking turns speaking about the topics and texts under discussion).
- SL.K.6. Speak audibly and express thoughts, feelings, and ideas clearly.
- SL.1.4 Describe people, places, things, and events with relevant details, expressing ideas and feelings clearly.