Magnetic attraction is simply irresistible! Let kids explore magnetism in a safe, hands-on way. Build towers, arches, creatures and more. This set contains a variety of pieces not found in the original SmartMax® set. Includes activity guide. Largest bar measures 7"L. Smallest bar measures 3"L.
PreK-K Core Standards
- K-PS2-2. Analyze data to determine if a design solution works as intended to change the speed or direction of an object with a push or a pull.
- SCI (P) Understand basic functions of magnets.
K-3 Core Standards
- K-PS2-1. Plan and conduct an investigation to compare the effects of different strengths or different directions of pushes and pulls on the motion of an object.
- 2-PS1-3. Make observations to construct an evidence-based account of how an object made of a small set of pieces can be disassembled and made into a new object.
- 3-PS2-1. Plan and conduct an investigation to provide evidence of the effects of balanced and unbalanced forces on the motion of an object.
- 3-PS2-4. Define a simple design problem that can be solved by applying scientific ideas about magnets.
- K-2-ETS1-3. Analyze data from tests of two objects designed to solve the same problem to compare the strengths and weaknesses of how each performs.
- K-2-ETS1-2. Develop a simple sketch, drawing, or physical model to illustrate how the shape of an object helps it function as needed to solve a given problem.