Children can develop listening skills while learning to identify community friends. To play the game, children listen to the sounds on the CD and match their tokens to images on the game boards with what they hear.
- Reinforces early reading skills, phonemic awareness and positional concepts
- Each game set includes 12 game cards (5-1/2" x 8-1/2" each) with 8 photos per card, 120 game tokens, an audio CD with directions in English, Spanish, and French
- Community helpers include: cook, construction worker, computer operator, doctor, delivery person, florist, firefighter, grocer, mail carrier, police officer, seamstress, teacher, veterinarian and waiter
- No reading required
PreK-K Core Standards
- LAN (P) Understand more complex vocabulary and display listening comprehension.
K-3 Core Standards
- SL.K.4. Describe familiar people, places, things, and events and, with prompting and support, provide additional detail.
- SL.K.2. Confirm understanding of a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media by asking and answering questions about key details and requesting clarification if something is not understood.
- SL.1.4 Describe people, places, things, and events with relevant details, expressing ideas and feelings clearly.
- SL.K.1b. Continue a conversation through multiple exchanges.
- SL.K.6. Speak audibly and express thoughts, feelings, and ideas clearly.
- SL.1.2. Ask and answer questions about key details in a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media.