Encourage understanding and appreciation for differences with this revised and updated set. Colorful photos show children with disabilities interacting with others in positive ways. Up-to-date, sensitive presentations give solid basic overviews of children with disabilities. Books are 5" x 7".
*Some Kids Are Blind
*Some Kids Are Deaf
*Some Kids Wear Leg Braces
*Some Kids Have Autism
*Some Kids Have Wheelchairs
*SEL: Supports social emotional development and social emotional learning.
*CALM-DOWN TOOLS: Use this in conjunction with other calm-down tools to create a place of peace in your classroom.
PreK-K Core Standards
- SOC (K) Understands individual development and identity helps us know who we are and how we change.
- SOC (P) Begin to understand personal development and the characteristics we share with others
K-3 Core Standards
- SOC (1) Understands concepts such as: similarities, differences, beliefs, values, cohesion, and diversity.
- SOC (2) Understands how cultural beliefs, behaviors, and values allow human groups to solve the problems of daily living.
- SOC (3) Understands how individuals learn the elements of their culture through interactions with other members of the culture group.
- SOC (1) Understands that we can learn our personal past and the past of communities, nations, and the world by means of stories, biographies, interviews, and original sources, such as documents, letters, photographs, and artifacts.
- SOC (2) Understands physical, intellectual, and emotional growth affect individual identity, growth, and interactions with others.
- SOC (3) Understands benefits and problems resulting from the discovery and use of resources.