This is a five-book series, named Acorn: These Are My Senses. Each book in this series takes a very simple look at a different sense: taste, sight, hearing, touch, or smell. Leveled text with repeated use of high frequency words makes the books perfect for beginning readers, while bright, colorful photographs complement the text and maintain readers' interest.
- TITLES INCLUDED: What Can I Feel?, What Can I Hear?, What Can I See?, What Can I Smell? and What Can I Taste?
- PERFECT FOR BEGINNING READERS: Easy to read. Simple, patterned text is used to reinforce concepts
- VIVD PICTURES: Photographs and simple text introduce the features of our senses, which make it easy for kids to understand.
- GREAT FOR YOUNG AGES: Age range 4-8 years.
- LIGHT-WEIGHT: Paperback, each book is 24 pages each & 8"W x 6-3/4"H"
PreK-K Core Standards
- SCI (P) Begin to understand what living things need to survive (e.g., food, water, light).
- SOC (P) Begin to understand personal development and the characteristics we share with others
K-3 Core Standards
- K-LS1-1. Use observations to describe patterns of what plants and animals (including humans) need to survive.
- 1-LS1-1. Use materials to design a solution to a human problem by mimicking how plants and/or animals use their external parts to help them survive, grow, and meet their needs.*
- 2-LS4-1. Make observations of plants and animals to compare the diversity of life in different habitats
- 3-LS1-1. Develop models to describe that organisms have unique and diverse life cycles but all have in common birth, growth, reproduction, and death.
- 3-LS4-3. Construct an argument with evidence that in a particular habitat some organisms can survive well, some survive less well, and some cannot survive at all.