Children will connect spoken words with written words as they follow along with this classic children's story.
Mrs. Honey's Hat
- Includes 4 copies of the same title, a read-along CD and a hanging storage bag
by Pam Adams
Mrs. Honey had a very busy week. She went out every day, wearing her best hat. She especially liked the decorations, but so did everyone else! What a surprise Mrs. Honey had at the end of the week when she looked at herself in the mirror!
PreK-K Core Standards
- RF.K.1. Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print.
- LAN (P) Understand that words are separated by spaces in print.
- RF.K.1b. Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters.
K-3 Core Standards
- SL.K.2. Confirm understanding of a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media by asking and answering questions about key details and requesting clarification if something is not understood.
- SL.K.4. Describe familiar people, places, things, and events and, with prompting and support, provide additional detail.
- SL.1.2. Ask and answer questions about key details in a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media.
- SL.K.1a. Follow agreed-upon rules for discussions (e.g., listening to others and taking turns speaking about the topics and texts under discussion).
- SL.K.6. Speak audibly and express thoughts, feelings, and ideas clearly.
- SL.1.4 Describe people, places, things, and events with relevant details, expressing ideas and feelings clearly.