Excellerations® Tweezer Tasks - Transportation Measurement
Item # TRANTWEZ
You'll get it fast. Usually ships within 3 business days.
Ages 3+ / Grades PreK+
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD – Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
This Excellerations® Tweezer Task Kit – Transportation Measurement is the perfect kit for young children that need to build their hand and finger muscles for writing and cutting skills. The tweezers offer pincher grip practice while incorporating early math skills. In this kit, children will practice measuring with different vehicles. By using a counter and not a ruler, they are practicing beginning measurement skills with non-standard units of measurement. They will be tasked to measure objects vertically as well as horizontally on the 20 double-sided cards.
- WHAT YOU GET: This kit comes with 6 pairs of kid-friendly, easy-to-use tweezers in six colors; red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. They measure 4-5/8” long. It also comes with 20, double-sided task cards measuring 6” x 9” and 72 transportation counters that are approximately 1½” to 1¾” and come in red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple colors.
- BASIC MATH SKILLS: This kit focuses on non-standard units of measurement or measuring with objects that do not have a specific measurement, such as a paperclip, or in this case, a transportation counter. Children use the transportation counters and place them end to end to measure vertically, and horizontally.
- TWEEZERS AND HAND STRENGTH: Tweezers are a great tool to use to strengthen hand and finger strength. They are considered a fine-motor tool that will help develop the muscles needed for writing, drawing, cutting, and more.
- BEYOND COUNTERS: These colorful counters (and tweezers) can be used beyond this kit for counting, sorting, patterning, and more. Beyond math you can use these to tell stories, encouraging learning about different types of machinery or vehicles, and even what different machines and vehicles are used for.
- CREATED BY TEACHERS: This product was created by our experienced teachers on staff. They bring best practices from the classroom to create educational products to help practice skills and strengthen math fluency.
Age / Grade
Ages 3+ / Grades PreK+
Discount School Supply®