Childhood illnesses present themselves in many ways. This Redleaf Quick Guide is a resource to help child care providers recognize symptoms and signs of common childhood illnesses such as bronchitis, conjunctivitis, chicken pox, and strep throat. Organized for quick and easy reference, it provides the most accurate information on:
- recognizing symptoms of more than forty illnesses
- indications when immediate medical attention is needed
- prevention methods, childhood vaccines and immunizations, and reducing the spread of germs
- steps to care for the ill child
- additional resources for further reading on health topics
Recognizing Common Illnesses in Early Childhood Settings is not a diagnostic tool. Rather, its purpose is to help child care providers recognize the symptoms of common illnesses and take appropriate action to maintain healthy, safe, and nurturing environments for children. For ages birth to 8 years old.