Attract young minds to science and math with this creative, magnetic set. Build 3-dimensional and flat surface designs and create patterns. Colorful translucent tiles are perfect for light tabel exploration.
- Set of 100 pieces includes: 4 large squares, 11 right triangles, 20 equilateral triangles, 50 small squares and 15 isosceles triangles
- Develops familiarity with geometric shapes
- Helps lay a foundation for advanced math skills
- Provides opportunities for activities and open-ended play
- Excellent on a light table
- Helps teach STEM concepts
PreK-K Core Standards
- SCI (P) Understand basic functions of magnets.
- K-PS2-1. Plan and conduct an investigation to compare the effects of different strengths or different directions of pushes and pulls on the motion of an object.
K-3 Core Standards
- K-PS3-1. Make observations to determine the effect of sunlight on Earth's surface.
- 1-PS4-3. Plan and conduct an investigation to determine the effect of placing objects made with different materials in the path of a beam of light.
- 3-PS2-3. Ask questions to determine cause and effect relationships of electric or magnetic interactions between two objects not in contact with each other.
- 3-PS2-2. Make observations and/or measurements of an object's motion to provide evidence that a pattern can be used to predict future motion.
- 3-PS2-4. Define a simple design problem that can be solved by applying scientific ideas about magnets.
- 3-PS2-1. Plan and conduct an investigation to provide evidence of the effects of balanced and unbalanced forces on the motion of an object.