The Wooden Ball Maze Puzzle Cubes Science Exploration Set invites young children to use a variety of problem-solving strategies while having fun! Perfect for fostering scientific inquiry process skills: exploring cause-and-effect, predicting, experimenting, drawing conclusions. Set includes wood ramp, ball, and 8 double-sided puzzle cubes with straight and curved paths, plus laminated Activity Cards for added engineering challenges.
- EARLY STEM PROBLEM SOLVING FUN: Kids can use a variety of strategies to make the ball travel in a straight line, go through a series of curves, or move in a circle. Perfect for exploring cause-and-effect relationships, making predictions, conducting experiments, and drawing conclusions.
- SOLID, DURABLE WOOD CONSTRUCTION: Ramp, ball, and 8 chunky puzzle cubes are made of solid wood with natural finish for years of engineering fun.
- INDEPENDENT OR COLLABORATIVE LEARNING: Kids can experiment on their own or together to explore and put their maze-building skills into action. It's fun and satisfying to build a maze and observe the ball's motion - independently or as part of a team!
- TONS OF CONFIGURATIONS: Puzzle cubes (3 inches x 3 inches x 1.5 inches high) have straight channels on one side, curved paths on the other so kids can place the cubes in different configurations - the possibilities are endless!
- FOLLOW ALONG OR BUILD YOUR OWN: Research indictes that following pictures or diagrams helps develop early engineering skills. Laminated, full-color photo cards depict 10 different maze possibilities, fom a long straight ball run to a maze with twists and turns. Kids can re-create the mazes shown or use the cubes to build their very own mazes.