This fascinating collection of science specimens will help children begin or continue to develop classification and observational skills.
- SET INCLUDES: 1 wooden box with lid, 12 separately bagged natural specimens (specimens are all taken from non-threatened species) and activity guide.
- SIZE: Box is 16 INCHES L x 12 INCHES W x 3-1/8 INCHES D; box sections are 3-1/4 inches Sq.
- QUALITY: Wooden storage box with tough acrylic lid is designed for long lasting use in classroom or home.
- DESIGN: Collection of science specimens will help children develop classification and observational skills. Sliding, clear, acrylic removable lid separates sections and keeps the specimens safe from touching one another; slide open to touch the specimens.
- EDUCATIONAL VALUE: Exclusive science product sets target a variety of interests. Supports STEM and Early STEM studies.
PreK-K Core Standards
- SCI (P) Collect, describe and record information using a variety of tools.
K-3 Core Standards
- K-ESS3-1. Use a model to represent the relationship between the needs of different plants or animals (including humans) and the places they live.
- 1-LS3-1. Make observations to construct an evidence-based account that young plants and animals are like, but not exactly like, their parents.
- 3-LS1-1. Develop models to describe that organisms have unique and diverse life cycles but all have in common birth, growth, reproduction, and death.
- 2-LS2-2. Develop a simple model that mimics the function of an animal in dispersing seeds or pollinating plants.
- 3-LS2-1. Construct an argument that some animals form groups that help members survive.
- 3-LS3-1. Analyze and interpret data to provide evidence that plants and animals have traits inherited from parents and that variation of these traits exists in a group of similar organisms.