Investigate the hidden magic of plant roots!
- Use different soil types, or no soil at all, to grow and compare seedlings
- A 360-degree view of growing plants from the roots up
- Ideal for science fair projects
- A mess-free way to explore hydroponics with water or any media
- Supports hands-on science inquiry as students conduct controlled experiments
- Provides a spectacular view of growing seedlings using the transparent seed basket that shows how the plant grows both up and down
- Engages children in science learning both at school and at home
- Includes 3 shatterproof plastic test tubes, 3 support rods, 3 seed baskets and an activity guide
- Stands have write and wipe surface for specimen labels
- Test tubes measure 7"H x 1-3/4"Dia.
PreK-K Core Standards
- SCI (P) Begin to understand what living things need to survive (e.g., food, water, light).
- K-ESS3-1. Use a model to represent the relationship between the needs of different plants or animals (including humans) and the places they live.
- SCI (P) Observe, collect, describe and record information about plants and animals.
K-3 Core Standards
- 2-LS4-1. Make observations of plants and animals to compare the diversity of life in different habitats
- 2-LS2-1. Plan and conduct an investigation to determine if plants need sunlight and water to grow.
- K-LS1-1. Use observations to describe patterns of what plants and animals (including humans) need to survive.