The Emotion Identification Mats can encourage children to identify and express their emotions. Measuring 9 inches in diameter, the 12 mats have real photographs of different children depicting a variety of feelings. There are images for each of 4 distinct emotions; happy, sad, angry and surprised.
- SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT: The Emotion Identification Mats can encourage children to identify and express their emotions. Children benefit by becoming more aware and learning about empathy, acceptance, self-regulation and communication.
- REAL IMAGES: Real photographs show a variety of feelings for children to explore their own and other's emotions: happy, sad, angry, and surprised. Identifying different emotions while learning the vocabulary to naturally converse about them will benefit children in cognitive development as well as in learning to have real social emotional connections with others.
- IDEAL FOR PRESCHOOLS AND DAYCARE CENTERS: Perfect for Daycare Centers and Preschools where many children come together in a group setting. Mats have rubber non slip backing and are easy to wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- GREAT FOR SIT–UPONS AND GAMES: The mats are great for Sit-Upons when children gather around for circle time. They can also be used for stepping games; where children take turns stepping and calling out the emotion displayed on the mat
- SEL: Supports social emotional development and social emotional learning.
- CALM-DOWN TOOLS: Use this in conjunction with other calm-down tools to create a place of peace in your classroom.