Curved design and wider base make this abacus distinct.
- SET INCLUDES: 1 wooden abacus with 10 bars and 100 beads.10 beads on each bar.
- SIZE: Measures 12 inches W x 4-1/2 inches D at base x 11-3/4 inches H.
- QUALITY: Solid wood, natural frame with matte colored wooden beads.
- DESIGN:Abacus features handle on each side for easy movement. Curved design and wider base make the abacus distinct and stable standing.
- EDUCATIONAL: Supports early math and STEM skills such as counting, shape and number recognition.
PreK-K Core Standards
- K.NBT.A.1. Compose and decompose numbers from 11 to 19 into ten ones and some further ones, e.g., by using objects or drawings, and record each composition or decomposition by a drawing or equation (such as 18 = 10 + 8); understand that these numbers are composed of ten ones and one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, or nine ones.
- K.OA.A.4. For any number from 1 to 9, find the number that makes 10 when added to the given number, e.g., by using objects or drawings, and record the answer with a drawing or equation.
- MAT (P) With prompting and support, begin to act out addition and subtraction using objects.