Bringing a rainbow indoors will brighten anyone's day! Precision crafted acrylic prisms will help children discover the secrets of prismatic effects as they create multicolored rainbows and intricate kaleidoscope patterns.
- 2" right angle prism
- 2-1/2" 60 degree acrylic prism
- Big 6" prism
PreK-K Core Standards
- SCI (P) Collect, describe and record information using a variety of tools.
K-3 Core Standards
- K-PS3-1. Make observations to determine the effect of sunlight on Earth's surface.
- 1-PS4-2. Make observations to construct an evidence-based account that objects can be seen only when illuminated.
- 1-PS4-3. Plan and conduct an investigation to determine the effect of placing objects made with different materials in the path of a beam of light.
- K-2-ETS1-1. Ask questions, make observations, and gather information about a situation people want to change to define a simple problem that can be solved through the development of a new or improved object or tool.
- K-2-ETS1-2. Develop a simple sketch, drawing, or physical model to illustrate how the shape of an object helps it function as needed to solve a given problem.
- K-2-ETS1-3. Analyze data from tests of two objects designed to solve the same problem to compare the strengths and weaknesses of how each performs.