This exclusive set contains 15 natural rocks and minerals to enhance your science curriculum. Some are polished. Includes illustrated guide to help identify each specimen.
- Great way to start or build a collection
- Size and quality of stones distinguishes our set from others
- Includes amethyst, quartz, rainbow fluorite, sodalite, moss agate, green adventurine, agate, celestine, desert rose, mahagon obsidian, gobi fossil wood, pink chalcedony, chrysanthemum volcanic, copal and chrysanthemum jade
- Sizes vary; each measures approximately 1"
PreK-K Core Standards
- SOC (P) Understand science is studying the natural world; technology is tools that do tasks.
- SOC (K) Understands that science involves the study of the natural world, and technology refers to the tools we use to accomplish tasks.
- SCI (P) Collect, describe and record information using a variety of tools.
K-3 Core Standards
- 2-PS1-1. Plan and conduct an investigation to describe and classify different kinds of materials by their observable properties.
- 2-PS1-4. Construct an argument with evidence that some changes caused by heating or cooling can be reversed and some cannot.