Curved design and wider base make this abacus distinct. Solid, natural wood base stands upright on a tabletop without tipping over and allows more room to move the matte colored wooden beads.
- An excellent teaching tool for beginning math skills, especially multiplication
- Provides an opportunity for better understanding numbers and counting in groups
- Features a handle on each side for easy movement of abacus
- Measures 12"W x 4-1/2"D at base x 11-3/4"H
PreK-K Core Standards
- K.NBT.A.1. Compose and decompose numbers from 11 to 19 into ten ones and some further ones, e.g., by using objects or drawings, and record each composition or decomposition by a drawing or equation (such as 18 = 10 + 8); understand that these numbers are composed of ten ones and one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, or nine ones.
- K.OA.A.4. For any number from 1 to 9, find the number that makes 10 when added to the given number, e.g., by using objects or drawings, and record the answer with a drawing or equation.
- MAT (P) With prompting and support, begin to act out addition and subtraction using objects.