Witness the wonder of metamorphosis!
- Children can observe accurately detailed egg, caterpillar, chrysalis and adult butterfly replicas constructed of durable, flexible plastic
- Encourage children to place models in the correct order for fun and educational play
- Set contains 4 models
- Models range from 1"-4"
K-3 Core Standards
- 1-LS3-1. Make observations to construct an evidence-based account that young plants and animals are like, but not exactly like, their parents.
- K-LS1-1. Use observations to describe patterns of what plants and animals (including humans) need to survive.
- 3-LS1-1. Develop models to describe that organisms have unique and diverse life cycles but all have in common birth, growth, reproduction, and death.
- 3-LS3-2. Use evidence to support the explanation that traits can be influenced by the environment.
- 3-LS4-2. Use evidence to construct an explanation for how the variations in characteristics among individuals of the same species may provide advantages in surviving, finding mates, and reproducing.