These transparent, durable test tubes are used for safe science experiments in classrooms everywhere. They can be sealed with a bottle cap, thrown in the dishwasher, dropped, tapped, or stepped on and they just won't break! Great for encouraging kids to explore and create results on their own. Each test tube measures 15 cm (5.75 inches) tall, 2.5 cm (1 inch) in diameter and holds approximately 50 mL (1.75 ounces) of liquid. Includes a colorful test tube rack and an activity guide with lots of fun ideas to get kids started on their new science adventure. Perfect for your Science Discovery Center.
Recommended for children ages 3 and up.
How Does It Work?
Believe it or not, Large Test Tubes with Caps are really just that: baby bottles before they are blown up into the 2-liter soda bottles you see in the store. Here's how it works: The tubes are placed into a vacuum mold and heated so they soften. Hot air is then blown into the tube, stretching the warmed plastic to 40 times its original size. When the plastic cools into the shape of the mold, the bottle is ready to fill with your favorite refreshing drink.
What Does It Teach?
Large Test Tubes with Caps can be used to teach kids more things than you can imagine! Grow plants, observe critters, collect water samples, explore different densities, hydrate polymer crystals, and mix all the colors you can find in a rainbow. Kids are only limited by their own creativity - put one of these test tubes in their hands and they'll be sure to discover something new!
- The #1 best test tube for kids
- Transparent & sturdy test tubes
- Used for safe science experiments in classrooms everywhere
- Includes a rack ideal for a young scientist's first experiments
- Test tube rack
- 6 Large plastic test tubes (Large Test Tubes with Caps) with blue or yellow caps - Bottle cap color may vary
- Activity guide with 15 different hands-on activities inside the guide ranging from experimenting with colors to growing seeds and watching the roots to observing chemical reactions. These things can do it all!