The perfect introduction to physical science and STEM. Easy to understand explanations of how basic physical principles of science relate to our world. Paperback.
- Helps clarify and assist children's understanding of scientific concepts
- Titles in set include: All About Matter, Electricity All Around, Learning About Rocks, A Look at Magnets and Soil Basics
- 8-1/8" x 8"
- Supports STEM and STEAM learning outcomes
PreK-K Core Standards
- K-PS2-1. Plan and conduct an investigation to compare the effects of different strengths or different directions of pushes and pulls on the motion of an object.
- K-PS3-1. Make observations to determine the effect of sunlight on Earth's surface.
K-3 Core Standards
- K-PS2-2. Analyze data to determine if a design solution works as intended to change the speed or direction of an object with a push or a pull.*
- 1-PS4-1. Plan and conduct investigations to provide evidence that vibrating materials can make sound and that sound can make materials vibrate.
- 2-PS1-1. Plan and conduct an investigation to describe and classify different kinds of materials by their observable properties.
- K-2-ETS1-1. Ask questions, make observations, and gather information about a situation people want to change to define a simple problem that can be solved through the development of a new or improved object or tool.
- K-2-ETS1-2. Develop a simple sketch, drawing, or physical model to illustrate how the shape of an object helps it function as needed to solve a given problem.
- K-2-ETS1-3. Analyze data from tests of two objects designed to solve the same problem to compare the strengths and weaknesses of how each performs.