Learn how magnets attract or repel using these magnet wands, cars, characters and "floating" ring magnets. Supports STEM and STEAM learning.
*2 bumper cars
*1 ring stand
*2 magnet wands
*2 iron fillings cases
*Illustrated instruction manual with step-by-step experiments
PreK-K Core Standards
- SCI (P) Understand basic functions of magnets.
- K-PS2-1. Plan and conduct an investigation to compare the effects of different strengths or different directions of pushes and pulls on the motion of an object.
K-3 Core Standards
- 2-PS1-3. Make observations to construct an evidence-based account of how an object made of a small set of pieces can be disassembled and made into a new object.
- 3-PS2-4. Define a simple design problem that can be solved by applying scientific ideas about magnets.
- 3-PS2-3. Ask questions to determine cause and effect relationships of electric or magnetic interactions between two objects not in contact with each other.